This one’s for Edye. It’s been ages since I’ve offered a recipe, and the fabulous black pot she gave me has been waiting for autumn to turn.
- 1 black pot, eager and waiting
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded & chopped
- a scattering of coriander seeds & cardamom pods
- 1/2 inch of water
- a few spoonfuls of brown sugar
- a bit of butter
- two dried birdseye chiles
lid on. Into a medium oven. Check and stir once in a while. When the squash is mostly cooked, uncover and turn up the oven to get the liquid to evaporate.
Now, what could I serve with this sweet-hot-sticky wonder if I had a dinner guest? (something dark green; but what? and what provides substance?)