- my body arrived in Wantage several hours before the rest of me
- the better the view from the desk, the more ink cartridges one needs
- ‘For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
and do not return there until they have watered the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
- oh, for a place where creativity flows, and stimulus abounds
- alternately, silence would do.
- or both?
- I am better at preaching on the gracious love of God than living in it
- old apple trees have seen a lot of violence
- cats can have goatees
- there might be different ways to be a priest
- the ‘right’ spiritual director remains a blessing, even after 10 years. (which is not to say that there aren’t other ‘right’ and necessary people too.)
- When I dig down deep with the question, ‘what do I really want?’ I find that Virginia Wolf was right