Sitting on my bed-side table is:
- Penny Jamieson, Living on the Edge
- Susan Hill, The Risk of Darkness
- The 1929 Scottish Prayer book
(Compline is my one concession to archaic language)
- Oswald Hanfling, Philosophical Aesthetics
- Timothy Radcliff, What is the Point of Being a Christian?
- J.K.Rowling, The Deathly Hollows.
Guess which one kept me up half the night until the wand broke?
Never was ‘lead me not into temptation’ so fervent in Morning Prayer.
The rest of the book must wait for tonight.
10.17pm. It’s time…